So today is day 9, and here’s what I’ve learned about myself so far:
- When I put my mind to something, it’s actually not that hard. I keep saying that one of my big problems is having self-control. Well, turns out that if I actually determine that I’m going to do something, I can do it pretty easily. I “gave up” Diet Coke when we got back to Egypt, but not really. It was soooo hard. I had a few a week. Now that I “can’t”, it’s really been no big deal. I’m hoping that this awareness can jump start a continued effort to get healthy, including adding in an exercise routine (the problem is… WHEN?!).
- The first two days I.FELT.AWFUL. 2 day long headache that didn’t go away with food, water, sleep… So clearly that other food does something to me if I had to go through ‘withdrawal’.
- Eating healthy food can be really, really good. I’m totally enjoying all these yummy salads, experimenting with my spiralizer, and finding new good things to eat.
- Planning for Whole 30 takes a lot of time. Maybe if I did it continually it would get easier, but right now it’s taking me 2 1/2ish hours a week to find new stuff that matches what we need budget-wise, food-wise, and family-wise. (so PLEASE use my meal plans! It makes me feel better about all that nap time I took to find the recipes! Check out Week 1 and Week 2).
- It has been a bit more expensive. Meat and nuts are pricy here in comparison to fruits and vegetables, and it’s upped our budget $20-30 a week. Not a big deal for a week, but a bigger deal multiplied by 4.
- I most definitely have more energy. Though I still fall asleep on the couch at 8:30 a few days a week. #momlife