- 1 c polenta
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 c mixed veggies, chopped small
- shredded cheese
For the slow cooker BBQ chicken, click here. The chicken can be cooked up to 2 days beforehand. I used boneless thighs this time, as they are higher in iron (so I’ve read).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add the applesauce, butter, buttermilk and egg, and stir till fully mixed.
- Add the mixed veggies (I used Trader Joe’s Organic 4 frozen veggies, and thawed in the microwave for 1 min).
- Spray a muffin in with nonstick spray. Spoon 1 heaping T of mix into each well and spread around the bottom.
- Top with 1 heaping tsp of shredded meat.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for 10-12 mins.