Adapted from: http://www.eatsamazing.co.uk/recipes-tutorials/strawberry-granola-frozen-yoghurt-bites-recipePut 1/2 c oats, 1/4 c corn flakes, and 1 tsp coconut sugar in the blender and pulverize. Mix with 2 T melted butter until resembles a graham cracker crust. Press into the bottom of muffin or mini muffin tins. Mix 8 oz yogurt with 1/4 c strawberry chia jam (see 3 meals: 5/26/15 for jam link) and top the crust with yogurt. Cut a strawberry in half or quarters and place on top of yogurt. Freeze until solid. Set out for 15-30 minutes before serving to allow it to soften to your desired consistency. (I got 24 mini muffin size ones. I pulled out the muffin liners and put them in a ziplock so I could take my muffin tin out of the freezer.)
Baked Ziti and Summer Veggies:
Adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-ziti-summer-veggies
12 oz uncooked pasta (I used rotini veggie pasta because it’s easy to pick up)
1 T coconut oil
2 yellow squashes, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1/3 of an onion, chopped
2 cups of chopped tomato
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c shredded cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1. Cook the past according to the package directions, omitting the salt, and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil. Once melted, add squash, zucchini, and onion and sautee until soft (around 5 minutes). Then add tomato and garlic and sautee another 3 minutes.
4. Mix veggies with cooked pasta, basil, oregano, and 1/2 c shredded cheese.
5. Mix beaten eggs with ricotta. Stir into pasta mixture.
6. Pour into a 9×13 dish. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
(I used mozzarella in the dish, cheddar and parmesan on top. It’s what I had. 🙂 )