5 minute pumpkin chia coconut granola:
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup oat flour (put oats in a blender and pulverize)
- 2 tsp finely ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil at room temperature
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla preserves
- 3/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 3 tbs water
- Warm the fruit preserves and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat while you prepare the dough.
- Combine the flours, 2 tsp flaxseed, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat for 30 seconds on medium-high until creamy.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients beating until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into two parts and shape into logs (the size of a mini muffin pan). Wrap each log in parchment or wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the fruit preserves from the stove and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove one log from the fridge. Cut the log into discs about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Place a disc in the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Top with 1 tbsp of the preserves. Place a second disc on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.